Child Development Center
Columbus Avenue Baptist Church
The primary function of the Assistant Director is to provide leadership and direction in the daily administration and operations of the CDC and to work in cooperation with the Center Director to ensure the CDC operates efficient and in compliance with State Minimum Standards.
The CDC Assistant Director reports to the Center Director and the Associate Pastor of Administration and Operations.
Major Job Responsibilities and Duties
- Order and purchase supplies for the center.
- Assist in fielding phone calls.
- Assist in the review and updating of CDC policies in conjunction with the Director and the Minister to Preschool.
- Work in conjunction with the Center Director and Minister to Preschool to communicate all information regarding injuries, workers compensation, the need for scholarships, and large purchases.
- Arrange transportation as needed for field trips.
- Maintain student records including shot records, contact information, and billing information.
- Maintain sufficient supply of printed forms and resource material for the Center staff.
- Coordinate teacher breaks and lunches.
- Supervise requisition of supplies and equipment.
- Maintain financial records including:
- Accepting/recording tuition payments
- Processing automatic drafts
- Handle billing and distribution of statements
- Charge late fees and follow up with collection
- Process new enrollment paperwork including billing information
- Check birthdays to ensure adequate weekly rate is charged
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Center Director and Minster to Preschool.
Job Skills and Requirements
- Promote the mission and ministry of the Child Development Center
- Be a good steward with the resources God has provided to Columbus Avenue Baptist Church (Matthew 25:21)
- Perform duties and responsibilities in a manner to glorify Christ and further the mission and ministry purposes of Columbus Avenue Baptist Church (Colossians 3:23, 24)
- Adhere to church approved guidelines as set forth in Columbus Avenue Baptist Church’s Bylaws and Policies and Procedures Manual.
Schedule and Work Week
- This is a part-time position with a scheduled work week of 25 hours.
Evaluation and Compensation
- A Performance Evaluation and Development Form will be completed with the direct supervisor, the Minister to Preschool and/or the Associate Pastor of Administration and Operations on an annual basis. Compensation is reviewed annually.
To apply, email email@example.com.