Child Development Center
Columbus Avenue Baptist Church
The Child Development Center Director oversees the daily operation of the CDC including teacher scheduling, parent communications, business planning, child safety and satisfaction of all regulatory requirements.
The CDC Director reports to the Minister to Pre-School.
Major Job Responsibilities and Duties
Job Skills and Requirements
- A minimum of three years’ experience in a Child Development Center or Day Care Director.
- Associate degree in child development helpful.
- Administrative abilities.
- Certification in first aid and CPR.
- Knowledge of accounting and familiarity with computer.
- Able to meet Texas Minimum Standards and Guidelines for qualifying as a Child Development Center director.
- A working knowledge of computer accounting programs.
- The ability to speak and read the English language.
- Promote the mission and ministry of the Child Development Center.
- Be a good steward with the resources God has provided to Columbus Avenue Baptist Church (Matthew 25:21).
- Perform duties and responsibilities in a manner to glorify Christ and further the mission and ministry purposes of Columbus Avenue Baptist Church (Colossians 3:23, 24).
- Adhere to church approved guidelines as set forth in Columbus Avenue Baptist Church’s Bylaws and Policies and Procedures Manual.
Schedule and Work Week
This is a full-time position. Hours are flexible according to needs during the Child Development Center operation and for center related activities, such as staff meetings, parents meetings, training sessions, and so forth. These may include evening and weekend hours.
Evaluation and Compensation
- A Performance Evaluation and Development Form will be completed with the Minister to Preschool on an annual basis. Compensation is reviewed annually.
Application APPLICANTS STATEMENT
To apply, print the application above and return to the Child Development Center office. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions.