Child Development Center Teacher
Columbus Avenue Baptist Church
CDC Teachers have the responsibility of providing instruction to children through creative use of the established curriculum while providing a safe, healthy learning environment as demonstrated by their classroom management and attention to children.
Major Job Responsibilities and Duties
- Using the WeeLearn curriculum approved by the Child Development Center, plan and implement activities for the children in accordance with the policies and philosophy of the Child Development Center.
- Consider the needs of individual children with concern for their interests, individual style and pace of learning when planning and implementing activities.
- Provide an appropriate early childhood experience in all areas of development.
- Treat all children with dignity and respect.
- Be responsible for the ordered and attractive arrangement, décor, and learning environment of the classroom.
- Clean and maintain order in all classroom storage areas.
- Conduct parent conferences as needed regarding the child’s adjustment and classroom behavior.
- Establish a positive liaison with parents and children.
- Assist in explaining the program to all visitors.
- Assist in ongoing evaluation procedures needed to assess the development level of children.
- Attend all staff meetings and parent meetings.
- Maintain a professional attitude of loyalty to the ministry of Columbus Avenue Baptist Child Development Center and Columbus Avenue Baptist Church. Along with this, staff must understand the necessity of projecting a positive Christian lifestyle at all times.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Child Development Center Director.
- Turn in weekly lesson plans by Thursday of the week prior, for approval of the Child Development Center Director
Job Skills and Requirements
- Meet qualifications for teachers as outlined in the Texas Minimum Standards and Guidelines.
- The ability to speak and read the English language.
- The ability to lift a minimum of 20lbs.
- A clear criminal record.
- A bachelor’s or associates degree in elementary or early childhood education preferred.
- The ability to kneel and sit with children on the floor.
- Promote the mission and ministry of the Child Development Center.
- Be a good steward with the resources God has provided to Columbus Avenue Baptist Church (Matthew 25:21).
- Perform duties and responsibilities in a manner to glorify Christ and further the mission and ministry purposes of Columbus Avenue Baptist Church (Colossians 3:23, 24).
- Adhere to church approved guidelines as set forth in Columbus Avenue Baptist Church’s Bylaws and Policies and Procedures Manual
Schedule and Work Week
- This is a full-time position. Hours are Monday through Friday as set by CDC Director.
Evaluation and Compensation
- A Performance Evaluation and Development Form will be completed with the Minister to Preschool on an annual basis. Compensation is reviewed annually.
To apply, print the application above and return to the Child Development Center office. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions.