Columbus Avenue Baptist Church Deacon Fellowship
As a group of servant-leaders, the CABC deacon fellowship exists to lead, serve and support CABC in making disciples for the Lord Jesus Christ.
The heritage of deacon service goes back to New Testament times. Our deacons serve the Lord by serving the congregation of Columbus Avenue Baptist Church. The office of deacon is not one of authority. It is a commitment of service. Our deacons serve in virtually every ministry of CABC.
- Serve as spiritual leaders of the church and share the Gospel
- Partner with the Pastor and staff to realize the vision God has for our church
- Be stalwart disciples on Christian mission
- Apply the principles set forth in the New Testament
- Be a source of unity and encouragement to the congregation
- Be an example of strength in prayer – with our Pastor, in organized prayer ministry, and in our personal lives
- Serve the needs of widows
- Attend to the hospitalized
- Assess candidates for ministry licensing and service
- Serve the Lord’s Supper and special worship events of the congregation
Our belief is that 1 Timothy 3:8-13 provides guidance for us in the selection of deacons for this Fellowship.
Men, filled with the Holy Spirit and wisdom who are active and committed members of Columbus Avenue Baptist Church, who tithe by sharing their time, talents, and treasures joyfully, generously, regularly, and sacrificially with this family of faith. By their Christian lifestyle, evangelism and discipleship would not knowingly by action or inaction, cause one to stumble; rather through a servant spirit, seek to serve and grow the body of Christ.
(For further understanding, please see the following references: Matthew 5: 13-16; Matthew 18:1-9; Matthew 23:11-13; Mark 12; Acts 6:3; Romans 12; Romans 14; 1 Corinthians 6:19-20; 2 Corinthians 9; 1 Timothy 4:12; Ephesians 4:1-3; Ephesians 5:1-20; Titus 2; James 1)
In order to nominate someone to serve as a deacon at Columbus Avenue Baptist Church, please fill out the form below.
*If you would like nominate more than one person, you will need to fill out the following form for each nomination.
After prayerful consideration, I wish to nominate the person listed below for consideration to serve as a deacon at Columbus Avenue Baptist Church. I have read the qualification criteria and can attest to their strength of character, family/servant leadership, and church commitment. Furthermore, I would be willing to discuss confidentially their qualifications with a Deacon Selection Committee member. I may be reached by the contact information provided below.