Discipleship/Communications Ministry Assistant
Columbus Avenue Baptist Church Job Description
Job Title: Discipleship/ Communications Ministry Assistant FSLA Status: Non-Exempt
Organizational Level: Administrative Assistant Part Time
- POSITION SUMMARY
The Discipleship/Communications Ministry Assistant provides support to the Minister of Discipleship and Communications and maintains accurate records related to the discipleship organizations of Columbus Avenue Baptist Church.
II. REPORTING RELATIONSHIPS
Supervisors: Minister of Discipleship and Communications
- MAJOR JOB RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
- Assist in correspondence and communication with program organizations for which the Minister of Discipleship and Communications is responsible.
- Assist Sunday School Departments and small groups with curriculum requests/needs, and copying/setting up of commentaries and printed lessons.
- Maintain and update Educational Web Pages in order to provide accurate and current programming information and schedules.
- Oversee the maintenance of the weekly attendance report
- Process attendance, manage class rolls, and distribute materials as needed for Sunday School and ColumbusU.
- Assist in special materials and publications for program organizations/ministries of the church
- Assist church staff on church wide mail-outs and other tasks as required
- Manage and/or create digital and print pieces for internal and external communications
- Create weekly graphics for Sunday mornings
- Assist in the creation of publications used for various church ministries including ColumbusU, VBS, theCENTER and special publications used for new member orientation, fund raising, etc.
- Manage content for website excluding ministry specific areas
- Create and manage CABC social media including strategies for community outreach and assessment of effectiveness of internet interactions
- Assist in the creation and manage the weekly church bulletin
- Create and update weekly church email newsletter.
- Create and manage Social Media postings.
Perform other duties as assigned by the Minister of Discipleship and Communications.
IV. JOB SKILLS AND REQUIREMENTS
- Must present a kind and receptive demeanor to individuals and businesses making contact with the church office in person or by phone.
- Working knowledge and mastery of InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop and other media software.
- Be familiar with and utilize Microsoft Office software along with Shelby church software and record keeping.
- Be a good steward with the resources God has provided to Columbus Avenue Baptist Church (Matthew 25:21).
- Perform duties and responsibilities in a manner to glorify Christ and further the mission and ministry purposes of Columbus Avenue Baptist Church (Colossians 3:23, 24).
- Adhere to church approved guidelines as set forth in Columbus Avenue Baptist Church’s Bylaws and Policies and Procedures Manual.
- SCHEDULE AND WORK WEEK
This is a part-time position 20-25 hours per week, normally mornings Monday-Friday, or as scheduled with the Minister of Discipleship and Communications.
VI. EVALUATION AND COMPENSATION
A Performance Evaluation and Development Form will be completed with the Minister of Discipleship and Communications on an annual basis. Compensation is reviewed annually.
To apply, email the following to Danny Walker (firstname.lastname@example.org):
Current Resume including References