Family Leader Application
This year’s Youth Camp, June 10-14, will again feature Family Groups led by students serving as Family Leaders. This is a great opportunity and a huge responsibility for high school students who are ready to step up and be leaders.
You will be REQUIRED to attend the Family Leader Retreat.
We will also have 4 training sessions from 4:00 – 5:30 pm in Dylan's office on the following Sunday evenings: May 5, May 19, and May 26, and June 2. On June 9, we will have our final meeting as a lunch meeting from 12:30-2:00 PM (you’ll pick up FL shirts, find out your pairings, your groups, etc).
Serving as a Youth Camp Family Leader is both an honor and a responsibility. It is not something you suddenly become “qualified” for. It is the result of a growing relationship with Jesus Christ, faithful involvement in our church, and a desire to serve others. The members of this team are not expected to be perfect but must be willing to be held to a higher level of expectation and commitment.
The COLLIDE Ministry Staff will make the final decision about who is a part of this team of leaders and reserves the right to remove members as Family Leaders at any time prior to camp.
Qualifications for serving as a Youth Camp Family Leader Team:
- must currently be in 10th, 11th or 12th grade
- must be active in The Student Ministry @ South Oaks Baptist Church
- must have evidence of spiritual growth in his or her life
- must have provided leadership through participation on Sundays & Wednesdays this year
- must have 2 letters of recommendation from adults as to the applicant’s character, lifestyle, and influence (due on May 5)
- must attend at least 4 of the 5 training sessions (80%)
- May 5
- May 19
- May 26
- June 2
- June 9
- if unable to attend training sessions because of prior commitments, the participant will contact the youth ministry staff prior to those meetings and will schedule a time to make up that meeting
- must provide leadership and a positive example for other students through consistent attendance and involvement in Bible study and worship
- must volunteer at least 3 hours of pre-camp prep work
- must be free of the use of alcohol or illegal drugs, or the abuse of prescription drugs
You must take this aspect of your preparation seriously – if not, we may ask that you not participate even if this decision has to be made at the last minute. If you meet the above qualifications and are interested in serving on this team, complete the online application by Sunday, April 14.
It’s important for you to understand that saying “Yes!” to this commitment will most likely force you to say “No!” to some other opportunities. In order to be well prepared, you will be expected to attend the training sessions with the Family Leader Team; failure to complete the required training will translate to your decision to not be a part of this team. Please visit with the Student Ministry staff if you have any questions.