Columbus Avenue Baptist Church in Waco, Texas


First Pastor,
Reverend R.G. Bowers

Columbus Avenue Baptist Church in Waco, Texas, came into existence on Christmas Eve of 1900 when a group of Baptists met and discussed the possibility of establishing a church in North Waco. From that beginning the church was organized on January 13, 1901, with some forty people attending the organizational service.

Through the years Columbus Avenue has grown because of the faithfulness, missions emphasis, and evangelism of its members. Building buildings, providing programs, establishing missions, supporting local ministries and reaching people for Christ have been possible because of the vision and support of the people.

From its small beginning in 1901 until the present, Columbus Avenue Baptist Church continues to spread the gospel of Jesus Christ. It has grown from forty people to a total membership of over 2,200 people.