A Ministry for Foreign-Born Adults
Every Thursday morning from September through May internationals from several different countries gather at Columbus Avenue to take classes on topics ranging from English and United States Citizenship to Sewing and Piano. This ministry is available to anyone who was born outside the United States.
We meet Thursdays, 9:00 - 11:30 a.m. in the Fellowship Hall and then break out into classes on the 3rd & 4th floors of the church.
Click Here for more info on the new ESL and Computer Skills class on Wednesday evenings.
Communication Classes include:
- Citizenship - Preparation for U.S. Citizenship Test, U.S. History
- Computer - Keyboarding, Word Processing, Spreadsheets, Graphics and the Internet
- Driver's Manual - Preparation for the Written Test
- English - ESL, Conversational English
- English Lessons from the Bible - Book of Mark
- Spanish - Basic Conversational Spanish
Creative Arts Classes include:
- Fabric Art - Crocheting, Knitting, Quilting, Craft Projects
- Piano - Beginner Skills
- Sewing - Clothing Construction
- Choral Music
Follow us on
Classes meet every week September through May. Class instruction is free. Two class periods are available each Thursday.
*Free infant and preschool childcare is available in the Children's building for Wednesday and Thursday classes.
Limited transportation to the Thursday morning classes is available.
A Day at Neighbors International
For more information, contact the Carolyn Dodson or call (254) 752-1655.